Thursday, May 10, 2012

The World Champion of Staying Awake

Look at all these great books I just got from Discovery Toys!


DT just came out with a new book line. After being hesitant (I have no idea why) to purchase them all I went to a training seminar, saw them, and HAD to have them :) I thought I'd share my favorite one with you today and possibly a few others in the weeks to come.


The World Champion of Staying Awake is a whimsical book about a little girl named Stella. The story starts with Stella's dad telling her it's time for bed.



However, Stella has a problem. Her 3 friends: Cherry Pig, Thunderbolt, and Beanbag Frog simply aren't ready for bed.  In fact they deem themselves the World Champions of Stay Awake!



Through the story Stella comes up with ways to get them each to sleep by using her imagination to create soothing environments.


Eventually all of her friends fall asleep and Stella herself is able to go to sleep. This book has quickly become part of our bedtime routine :) With its fantastical illustrations and fun story line my 2 year old asks for repeats of it most nights.




(If you are interested in this book please visit http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/amandamcindoo)




1 comment:

  1. looks cute! i'm gonna buy it tonight i think. :)

    ReplyDelete