Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Advent 2013

Yes, it is December 2nd and although I have had my list of advent activities for this year compiled for a week or two I just now got around to finally putting my board together. Procrastination is one of my strongest attributes :) So here is a picture of the completed board, hung on my wall, ready to be "attacked" this Christmas season.


I made this board last year after getting the idea on Pinterest from The Girl Creative. You can find her tutorial for the board here. It worked well for us last year and we're looking forward to using it for many years to come. Last year I printed out all my "activities" on mailing labels and put them on the back of the cards. This year I just printed new labels and placed them right over the top of the ones from last year. I also decided to laminate my cards so they would hold up a little better over the years.

This is my list for this year. I've included links to ideas from Pinterest.

1 - Decorate Christmas Tree
2 - Read Nativity Story/Usborne Nativity Sticker Books
3 - Watch a Christmas Movie (Max & Ruby)
4 - Make Gifts for Teachers (includes all teachers in their extracurricular activities, church, preschool)
5 - Read New Christmas Books
6 - Buy a Present for Your Sister & One for Charity
7 - Go to a Christmas Party (@ Daddy's Work)
8 - Bake Cookies with Mommy
10 - Watch a Christmas Movie (Golden Winter)
11 - Read The Jolly Christmas Postman
12 - Go to a Cookie Decorating Party
14 - Visit Santa
15 - Watch a Christmas Movie (How the Grinch Stole Christmas)
18 - Read New Christmas Books
19 - Make Christmas Tree Ornaments (Craft Kit from Michael's)
20 - Decorate a Graham Cracker Gingerbread House
21 - Go see Christmas Lights
22 - Christmas at Grandma & Grandpa's
23 - Make Christmas Treats
24 - Read Twas the Night Before Christmas
25 - Christmas Day
 

I'm hoping to be able to blog about each of our daily adventures. Some are a little more exciting than others but I'll be sure to include them all. I might even add in a few mommy crafts I'm working on this month :) Stay tuned. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment